1. RS/6000 vs other workstations
My project is contemplating purchasing some unix workstations shortly. We
are looking at a number of systems to fit the bill. I would be interested
in hearing feedback from from those who use *BOTH* RS/6000's and other
current-model unix graphics workstations (Sun, Mips, DEC and SGI workstations
in particular). Main points of interest are ease of setup/use/maintenance
of the system (network), programming ease/difficulty, compatibility, and
support. Lastly, I'd like to pose the question, "would you buy one again
if you had the chance".
I'm aware that this leaves the door wide open for responses. That's just
fine with me. I'm happy to hear any praise or complaints (here's your
chance to get something off your chest).
Because I'm likely to get lots of response, DON'T POST YOUR RESPONSE TO
THIS NEWSGROUP. Mail it to me instead. I *will* summarize (might be long).
If you respond, but don't want your response in the summary, I will honour your
Thankyou for your help.
Dept of Geology and Geophysics
University of Calgary, Canada
2. Wanted: CD-Audio player for Matsushita CR-501b
3. RS/6000 error msgs (Was: Re: RS/6000 survey - will post summary)
4. Problems installing Terminal Adapter
5. Fonts for InfoExplorer on RS/6000 (was: Re: Font problems on RS/6000 running X11R5)
6. xloadimage for solaris 2.4
7. Trying to find RS/6000 7013-58h technical resources...
8. Want afio for tape backup
9. RS/6000 Performance Comparison
10. counterstrike server on IBM RS/6000 Workstation
11. FS: IBM RS/6000 Server/Workstation Powerstation 320H now at $15.51
12. WordPerfect on IBM RS/6000 Workstations
13. FS: IBM RS/6000 7012 320H AIX Server/Workstation now at $5.00