Size of Sun SCSI drives- question...

Post by Brian Matchi » Wed, 28 Apr 1993 23:28:58

What is the easiest way to figure out the size of SCSI drives
connected to sun workstations?  I'm really sick of counting sectors
and subtracting swap space from OS space and all that.  Does anyone
have a script or something they'd like to share?  :)

Thanks.

Brian Matchick
Network Administrator
Andersen Consulting

(312) 507-3832

And what is good, Phaedrus,
And what is not good-
Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?

                            -Robert M. Pirsig
                              "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance"

Post by Neal P. Murp » Thu, 29 Apr 1993 07:30:24

>What is the easiest way to figure out the size of SCSI drives
>connected to sun workstations?  I'm really sick of counting sectors
>and subtracting swap space from OS space and all that.  Does anyone
>have a script or something they'd like to share?  :)

su
format (select a disk)
p (partition)
p (display partition table)

Partition #3 is the whole disk, in 512 byte blocks.

Fester

Post by Perry Hutchis » Fri, 30 Apr 1993 17:02:58

+ >What is the easiest way to figure out the size of SCSI drives
+ >connected to sun workstations?

+ su
+ format (select a disk)
+ p (partition)
+ p (display partition table)

Easier and safer: use dkinfo(8)

+ Partition #3 is the whole disk, in 512 byte blocks.

---

Guest account -- not affiliated with St. Mary's Academy.
If you post a reply to this, please mail also as the feed here is lossy.
If mail is not answered, figure it went into the bit bucket somewhere ...

1. Maximum partition size/SCSI drive size

Hi,

I'm trying to configure a server with mandrake 7.2.
I got a RAID 5 disk array composed by 6 disks (6*34Gb = 204Gb) .
This disk array is accessible from 2 logical drive of 70Gb and 110Gb.

When I run diskdrake, I configure the following partitions:

Disk0-70Gb
-------------
/mnt/win    2Gb
/               500Mb
swap        2Gb
/usr          4Gb
/var          5Gb
/home       24Gb
/u01         2Gb
/trf           31Gb

Disk1-110Gb
--------------
/u02        110Gb

After 2 hours, diskdrake fails when formatting partitions (unable to read
partition table)

IDE drives seems to be limited by 33Gb due to 65535 cylinder limit
(Large-Disk-HOWTO)
Is anyone can told me the maximum partition size allow by linux (mandrake
standard kernel) and if SCSI drives are limited like IDE drives?

Thanks for your help,
Stephane.

2. ppp-connection under redhat 5.0

3. Wanted: info on Sun SCSI and CD drives & Sun 4/110

4. Threading Architecture

5. Cannot see all disk size when adding a new drive to Sun Ultra 10 SunOs 4.0

6. Help with FTP, Telnet access.

7. Sun 4mm Tape Drive-- Block Size

8. mpg123 stops after 8 seconds, using pipes to comm

9. Solaris 9 x86 SCSI drive size limitation?

10. Replaced scsi hard drive can no longer find scsi tape drive

11. Mount SCSI NCR 810 + ZIP DRIVE + SCSI DRIVE

12. Adding a SCSI controller changing boot drive to SCSI drive

13. any SCSI drive size limitations?