Days left vs. payment received software?

Days left vs. payment received software?

Post by Joseph Wisd » Tue, 23 May 1995 04:00:00

I am looking for existing Unix software that will allow a system
administrator to keep track of users accounts by the amount of payment
given ... automatically setting an 'expire' date based on a
configurable dollar amount.  When the user signs in, he/she can be
informed how many days remaining (or when the account expires).  If the
account lapses, this software should automatically 'lock the user out'
... i.e. rendering them unable to sign-in until payment is tendered.

Thanks in advance for any pointers you can give me.

                                        joseph wisdom

--
Joseph Wisdom

Unix Systems Administrator

Post by Brian La » Thu, 25 May 1995 04:00:00

: I am looking for existing Unix software that will allow a system
: administrator to keep track of users accounts by the amount of payment
: given ... automatically setting an 'expire' date based on a
: configurable dollar amount.  When the user signs in, he/she can be
: informed how many days remaining (or when the account expires).  If the
: account lapses, this software should automatically 'lock the user out'
: ... i.e. rendering them unable to sign-in until payment is tendered.

: Thanks in advance for any pointers you can give me.

  If you have shadow passwords installed you already have most of what is
needed. You can set an expire date for the account(in addition to the change
password dates) and the account will be locked out by shadow until updated.

  I'm working on a billing system/user manager that takes advantage of this
feature(nothing to release yet though).

     Brian
 G.U.E. Technical Institute        1:138/162.0        | ftp.eskimo.com/blane
 FREE Dungeon training for budding adventurers        | www.eskimo.com/~blane

1. Left vs. Ctl-Left vs. Alt-Left

I'm running Red Hat Linux 4.1.  For Bash, I'd like to be able to associate
different commands to the left arrow key, ctl-left and alt-left.  Likewise for
the right arrow key.  Unfortunately, "cat -t" and "ctl-v" both report that all
variants of left generate the same keystroke;  likewise for right.  Is there any
way to generate a different command for each variant?

Dave Morgenlender

2. icon command-line parameters

3. Linux vs OS2 vs NT vs Win95 vs Multics vs PDP11 vs BSD geeks

4. Will Proxy Firewall Protect Our UNIX NFS Environment?

5. Perl Conf 2.0 4 days left fro early registartion

6. Who are help me !

7. COUNTDOWN - 5 DAYS LEFT TO REGISTER!

8. 2.6 X86 jumpstart and sysidcfg

9. COMMERCIAL: $1.99 Red Hat CD-ROM 2 Days Left!

10. FSF can win $6k, ~5 days left

11. 5 days left!

12. Linux on CDROM or Disk, $29.99: *Only 7 Days Left*

13. How many days to receive InfoMagic ?