Shutting down Qpop

Post by Bradley Boudrea » Fri, 13 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Hi All,

How do you shut down the qpop server and prevent it from starting again at
boot.  I'm running Tru64 UNIX version 5.0.

Thank you

Bradley

Shutting down Qpop

Post by Kurt J. Lanz » Fri, 13 Oct 2000 04:00:00

> Hi All,

> How do you shut down the qpop server and prevent it from starting again at
> boot.  I'm running Tru64 UNIX version 5.0.

1. Find out where it's being started ("man boot" for a
description of the process).
2. Don't do that.

I give a very general answer because I'm not familiar
with your flavor of unix and others might be interested
in such a general answer since they might not have the
same flavor as you.

Shutting down Qpop

Post by Bradley Boudrea » Fri, 13 Oct 2000 04:00:00

I solved my problem,

I wasn't able to find the pop3d and the imap daemon because they are kicked
off by the inetd daemon.  I basically had to comment out the two daemons in
the /etc/inetd.conf file and reboot the box.

Quote:> Hi All,

> How do you shut down the qpop server and prevent it from starting again at
> boot.  I'm running Tru64 UNIX version 5.0.

> Thank you

> Bradley

Shutting down Qpop

Post by Tony Curti » Fri, 13 Oct 2000 04:00:00

>> On Thu, 12 Oct 2000 20:12:32 GMT,

> I solved my problem, I wasn't able to find the pop3d and
> the imap daemon because they are kicked off by the inetd
> daemon.  I basically had to comment out the two daemons
> in the /etc/inetd.conf file and reboot the box.

Far too drastic (it's not MS :-).

Just send a HUP to inetd.

hth
Eih bennek, eih blavek.