Multiple Interface Routing

Post by Huzefa Mohamedal » Thu, 27 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Hello,

I have hme0, hme1, qfe0 and qfe1 configured on a system. The host IP address
is configured on qfe1. Whenever requests are sent to the interfaces, a reply
is always sent back on hme0 (as far as I can tell). I would like to change
that so that if an interface receives a request, the reply is sent back from
the same interface. Any one know what to do or point me in the right
direction?

Thanks in advance.
HM

Post by pe.. » Sun, 07 May 2000 04:00:00

> Hello,
> I have hme0, hme1, qfe0 and qfe1 configured on a system. The host IP address
> is configured on qfe1. Whenever requests are sent to the interfaces, a reply
> is always sent back on hme0 (as far as I can tell). I would like to change
> that so that if an interface receives a request, the reply is sent back from
> the same interface. Any one know what to do or point me in the right
> direction?

if you want a hint, well, remove all but one interface and get yourself
some proper networking equipment to do routing.

Routing in hosts are complicated and draws cpu-cycles that could be used better.

My 2 cents ..

> Thanks in advance.
> HM

Peter H?kanson
        Manet Networking      (At the Riverside of Gothenburg, home of Volvo)