How to create deamons in UNIX?

Post by Fausto Lugo Garc » Sat, 27 Jan 1996 04:00:00

Would somebody explain me, How can I create deamons for UNIX systems?

What should I need?

Where can I find more information about it?

Please

1. Creating a log file from a Deamon

Hello,
I'm in the process of writing a deamon that monitors
a switch and I'd like to be able to create a log file
in the /var/log directory. I don't want it to log using
the syslog function as it would make the log file
huge and I'd prefere a separate log file anyway. Are
there any standard functions I could use to log
messages in a log file in /var/log? Or since the
deamon would be started on system startup(default),
it would have root permissions any way and I'd
be able to just create a file in the /var/log directory
and log there my self?

Thanks
Alan

2. install on Sony VAIO notebook?

3. Anyone created a script file to control Deliver Deamon ???

4. squid problem, help!

5. How to create AIX deamons?

6. qpopper2.52 & /etc/shadow

7. Creating deamons

8. trn 3.6 compile problems

9. Unix Plug-ins?

10. Remote unix (RS/6000) servers with dial-ins

11. Unix Libraries Ins/Outs

12. pop deamon on sco unix

13. Run Perl Socket As Unix Deamon