Kernel build problem

Post by Al Marfur » Thu, 20 Jul 1995 04:00:00

I successfully built a new kernel to add a new device on a SPARC 10
running SunOS 4.1.3.  When I boot up I get a flurry of error messages
that pop up after the system is done recognizing its hardware.  The
messages fly by too fast to be useful however they generally *about a
bad ktextseg address.

Once the system finishs booting I can log in but when I run the 'ps'
command I get

"ps /dev/mem: error on ktextseg: Bad Address"

Any thoughts on what went bad?  This system crashed big time a couple
months ago and this is the first new kernel I've built since then.

Al