Looking for information on archie client

Looking for information on archie client

Post by Youri N. Podchos » Sun, 18 Feb 1996 04:00:00

Quote:> Greetings,

> I am looking for a description of how an Archie client querries an Archie
> server.  I thought that I might be able to find this kind of information in
> with the Internet RFCs, but I couldn't locate anything on Archie.  The reason
> I need this is that I have an Archie client for OS/2 that works fine using
> one Internet service provider, but it won't work through my employer's
> network.  They are obviously blocking something, but without knowing anything
> about Archie, it is a little difficult to find what they are blocking.

> Thanks in advance.

Archie server is in fact a Prospero Directory Server, and clients
communicate with it using a protocol with the same name - Prospero:
this is what you have to use as index (instead of archie) searching
InterNIC database.

| Youri N. Podchosov (ynp) * Davidsohn & Son, Inc. NYC * 718-234-4140 |

1. looking for information on how to query a pc for system hardware information

I'm not sure where I should post this question. Hopefully you will
look over me this time if this is a cross post or off topic.

What I am looking for is information on how to query a pc and find out
what type of components are used. For example: the type, size, etc of
the hard drive, how much memory, bios type, mfgr name, model numbers,
etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

Jim

2. clients services over firewalls (ftp X etc.)

3. Germany's huge SAP & Microsoft team up in Internet venture

4. archie: archie failed: Timed out (dirsend)

5. web server: internal error

6. Simulating interactive user's?

7. Looking for PD archie server

8. Looking for good programs (mail & Archie)

9. Does anyone have an archie client on linux ?

10. WANTED: archie client with 'ncftp colon mode' output

11. ARCHIE client timeout through SLIP ???