Apache user authentication

1. apache user authentication using /etc/passwd file ?

Hi Folks,

While implementing user authentication for an apache server, I would
like to make use of the unix system's /etc/passwd file for
usernames and passwords. Is it possible to do this with the native
user authentication scheme of apache ?

In other words, I would still have the .htaccess and .htgroups file,
but instead of creating a .htpasswd file, I would like the apache
server to refer to the host system's /etc/password file.

Has anyone done this ? Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
Vinay

2. Win98/RH5.1 Networking

3. Apache User Authentication

4. XFree 3.1.2D on ThinkPad 760CD

5. Q: Apache User Authentication

6. Getting to single user mode with out using root

7. Apache user authentication problem

8. can't mount atapi cdrom

9. Apache User Authentication

10. Question on apache user authentication

11. Apache-User Authentication Problem!

12. Apache -- user authentication