smc elite32c ultra

Post by Dennis Tayl » Wed, 28 Jun 1995 04:00:00

We've just installed one of the above NICs into our altos 5000, and on
bootup we get a message like "smc card runs in SLAVE mode" and the system
hangs.

We've done our eisa setup, and we've tried it with bus master mode enabled
and disabled - same message.

Anyone have one of these NICs working?

--

You can have it done fast |
You can have it done cheap|----- Pick any two.

1. SMC elite32c ultra/redhat 4.1

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to get EISA SMC elite32c ultra card to work with my Redhat
linux 4.1. No matter what I try, it can't initialize. the card is based on
83c790df chipset, which is a newer modification of an older 16-bit 8390
chipset. I stumbled upon a very vague document describing modular use of
8390-based cards, when you have to load 2 modules: your specific card
driver and 8390.o. Since I use EISA card, which is plug-n-play, however,
I can't use that method (at least it didn't work for me).

I'd be very grateful if somebody could help me get this damn thing to
initialize. Please e-mail if you have any thoughts on this matter whatsoever.

Thanks in advance.

Anthony Kutovoy
UPENN SAS Computing

2. C++ Compilation time

3. SMC Elite32C Ultra

4. Can't get off LAN/WAN - netmask or broadcast probl

5. SMC Ultra's and SMC's EtherPowerII's TX-port

6. APACHE: Linux binaries available?

7. SMC Ultra vs. SMC Elite

8. GNU/FreeBSD

9. SMC 83c795 (EtherEZ) and SMC Ultra driver

10. SMC Ultra linux 1.2.13 -- Ultra Slow

11. Configuring two SMC Ultra's in one Linux box

12. SMC Elite Ultra

13. SMC Ultra Question