1. HELP: Connectivity between DOS/DOS and DOS/Linux
In about march we should be getting a second PC in our house. I was
concidering trying to network the two machines. One of the machines
is going to be a DOS/Windows affair while the other one is hoping
to become a DOS and Linux setup. I have a few questions that I hope
that someone out there can answer. (The kind of network I'm concid-
ering is peer-to-peer, I think)
1) Using Novell Netware light on the DOS/Windows machine, could it
connect to the Linux machine using standard networking stuff? Would
I be able to have netware on my DOS partition of my Linux/DOS machine
so that when I boot it up using DOS I'm still connected?
2) If I were using the Linux front end for DOOM, could I still play
a multiplayer game across the network? Or would I have to go back to
3) Just out of curiosity, could anyone give me info on cost. I've
got a home made estimate (made from various sources) of :
Cabling (roughly) :20
This is a rough estimate, if anyone can confirm or deny this value
please set me straight.
Answers would be much appersiated as it will influence my decision
as to weather to get the network and/or to get Linux.
TTFN and TC, Michael Dales
-'Damn you and your networking problems Q!'-Picard
2. where can I find : devices.mca.e001 - bos.rte.mp - bos.txt.tfs ?
3. accessing dos partitions with wd7000fasst scsi, isc unix 2.2, dos
4. Customizing Print Banners in AIX 5.1?
5. Uninstall Linux: Deleted "non dos partition" with DOS fdisk -- Now what?!?
6. Retrieving an individual file from a tape containing more than 1 file
7. Samba w/ DOS box - what does DOS need?
8. HELP: sz/sb/sx, kermit downloads fail (term linecheck also fails)
9. Can I boot from DOS to use DOS Device Drivers?
10. Mini Linux coexists in DOS partition and boot from DOS
11. Q: Filenames turnicated DOS to LINUX to DOS?
12. DEFBOOTSTR=dos should this allow dos to boot by default?
13. copying files from unix to dos system in dos readable format