Job Scheduling/Management

Post by umesh.pa.. » Fri, 03 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Hi -,

I am looking for Job scheduling/Management tool.
Currently I am reviewing "Autosys". Do you have any comments about
Autosys or recommendation for other tools? Does SUN has tool like
Autosys ?

Thanks,

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Job Scheduling/Management

Post by Bernard Chandle » Sat, 04 Mar 2000 04:00:00

> >Hi -,

> >I am looking for Job scheduling/Management tool.
> >Currently I am reviewing "Autosys". Do you have any comments about
> >Autosys or recommendation for other tools? Does SUN has tool like
> >Autosys ?

> try cron

> Seriously, if you want an "enterprise-wide" scheduling tool, you'll
> have to look for 3rd party tools.  The company I'm consulting with
> is working on setting up Autosys.  The manager's vision is to be
> able to manage _ALL_ production jobs in the enterprise from a single
> place, so operators don't have to call an application administrator
> for a particular system at 3AM to tell them to restart a job.  With
> a distributed environment, with 10-20 systems feeding 3 mission-critical
> systems after hours, this is the only logical way to go.

> Now, no one mentioned that Autosys has an Oracle instance which can't
> go down w/o taking down Autosys.  Now I have to architect the backups
> to do on-line hot backup to deal with this.

> Good luck,

> /MeV/

> --
> Michael Vilain, Certified Rolfer(R)

> http://www.vilain.com

do not try cron..... use cron
while you are at it  use at

--
Bernie Chandler
http://www.nationwide.net/~bernie

1. Looking for tape management & job scheduling systems

Hi out there!

We're are looking for a tape management system and a job scheduling system
available for DYNIX/ptx.

Are there any SEQUENT-sites having experiences with UNICENTER ?

thanks

Michael Menedetter
system group

Vienna/Austria                  |

2. matching file with file

3. Jobs, Jobs, Jobs And More Jobs!!!

4. blocking connect/select/implementation dependent?

5. special characters

6. Top 10 posters for the 7 day period ending 2001-09-30.