unix shell account

Post by Marco Angles » Wed, 13 Mar 1996 04:00:00

: Hi,
: I have a unix shell account and a slip/ppp account. I have  made my web
: page and it is working fine. I only have one e-mail account and it is
: too full. Is there any way I can make my self another e-mail account on
: a UNIX machine?

Ask your sysadmin. That's what they're there for.

----------------------------------------Roses are worth more dried than alive
marco p. anglesio                                     such a you thing to say

http://cspo.queensu.ca:8080/~anglesio          Can you spare some change dear

(staff account)      we lift the rocket out of the pocket nothing can stop it

unix shell account

Post by Emile Hey » Fri, 15 Mar 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>Hi,
>I have a unix shell account and a slip/ppp account. I have  made my web
>page and it is working fine. I only have one e-mail account and it is
>too full. Is there any way I can make my self another e-mail account on
>a UNIX machine?
>Thanks for taking the time to read this message. Please try to respond!
>bye....

Unless you have root access to the machine your account runs un (or you
are very close to the person who does), no. But using procmail/formail
you can separate your mail flows into multiple mailboxes. Combined
with mail-aliases (which most sysops I know have no problem with), you
can have the "look-and-feel" of multiple email adresses.

BTW, I am not sure my posts make it to the outside world. If you
(Muhammad Abdul Ali) see this message in comp.unix.admin,
could you please mail me telling so? One good turn...

--
Bye,

Emile
Emile Heyns

High Tech Automation
Ekkersrijt 4006
NL-5692 DA Son

phone: +31 499 47 47 25
fax: +31 499 47 47 99
Disclaimer: the opinions in this messages are *mine*, and
have *no* bearing whatsoever on the opinions of the company.
So there.