ps question

Post by John » Fri, 03 Dec 1999 04:00:00

how do I monitor certain process, say java, using ps?  advice appreciated.

ps question

Post by Jamiso » Fri, 03 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> how do I monitor certain process, say java, using ps?  advice
appreciated.

To just see the process in full by itself from other process use the
syntax: ps -ef |grep nameofprocess (ex. java, http, etc..)

You could setup a cron to run it and send you the output.

hope this is what you wanted

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

ps question

Post by Bertrand, Marti » Fri, 03 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Might want to add more details on what you want but general answer
would be
        `ps -ef | grep java`

Then you could put that in a script, redirect the output to a file
(filename should contain date and time) and start it in cron at a
specific interval.

Bert

> how do I monitor certain process, say java, using ps?  advice appreciated.

1. ps question

Following is the output of ps v <pid> command.

   PID    TTY STAT  TIME PGIN  SIZE   RSS   LIM  TSIZ   TRS %CPU %MEM
COMMAND
 53550 pts/12 A     0:00    0    60   100 32768     2     8  0.0  0.0
a.out

Is there a way to get this information using a system/function call
from within a running process ?
In particular the SIZE, RSS, %CPU and %MEM ?
I am using AIX 4.1.x

Thanks

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Beginners Question

3. PS question

4. Multiple Graphics cards in 1000 anyone?

5. ps question

6. My machine doesnt respond to any SYN or ICMP packets!

7. How do you make a Linux PPP connection look like a gateway to other terminals on your LAN

8. top and ps question

9. ps questions

10. Top and PS Question

11. /proc and ps question