3270 emulation in unix

Post by roo » Thu, 06 Apr 1995 04:00:00

I need to be able to telnet from a VM/CMS account on a 3270 to my unix box
at home.  Where I have trouble is the unix box doesn't support the 3270, and
the VM/CMS telnet client doesn't support any termcap terminals.  I'm quite
sure the 3270 is unique enough that it can't be configured in the regular
termcap file, so please help.

I know it _can_ be done, however it's not too obvious how.

Eric Wong

3270 emulation in unix

Post by Andy Carls » Thu, 06 Apr 1995 04:00:00

>I need to be able to telnet from a VM/CMS account on a 3270 to my unix box
>at home.  Where I have trouble is the unix box doesn't support the 3270, and
>the VM/CMS telnet client doesn't support any termcap terminals.  I'm quite
>sure the 3270 is unique enough that it can't be configured in the regular
>termcap file, so please help.

>I know it _can_ be done, however it's not too obvious how.

>Eric Wong

If you get mail replies to this, could you send me a copy?  I have
thought about this before and could not fugure out a way to do it.  I
use the MVS verison, but the answer should be similar.

P.S.  I tried to mail to you, but it bounced.

Thanks!!

 Andy Carlson  work: (314) 362-0516      fax: (314) 362-4495
 Barnes Jewish Christian Health Services   St. Louis MO

 Get the Robert Jordon Wheel of Time FAQ by mailing to

 "I suppose I should thank you for teaching me how true the
  old saying is.  Teach him how you will, a pig will never
  play the flute"
             - Thom Merrilin on the Spray

3270 emulation in unix

Post by Sam Sext » Fri, 07 Apr 1995 04:00:00

Quote:> I need to be able to telnet from a VM/CMS account on a 3270 to my unix box
> at home.  Where I have trouble is the unix box doesn't support the 3270, and
> the VM/CMS telnet client doesn't support any termcap terminals.  I'm quite
> sure the 3270 is unique enough that it can't be configured in the regular
> termcap file, so please help.

Given that you're talking about a box at home, the following is probably
rather too expensive a solution, but I mention it in case others are interested
in support of 3270s- it took a while to get find out who can provide a
solution of any sort.

Tim Hamilton, the director is on x110; fax no. is 617 547 9820.

--
Sam Sexton                        Phone: +44 1203 256562

Reuters Ltd, Coventry, UK

1. 3270 emulation for Unix?

I need to do dialup 3270 emulation to an IBM mainframe host from a Unix
workstation. I know about tn3270 but I won't have a TCP connection to the
mainframe, I need a terminal program like kermit or pcomm or such...

Is there such an animal?

--

Opinions are mine and you can't have them!
"Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love."

2. java/jdk port broken?

3. telnet 3270 emulation

4. Monitor flickers at 800x600.

5. IBM 3270 Emulation; where?

6. iptables.

7. ibm 3270 emulation for Solaris?

8. Solaris 8

9. 3270 comm emulation

10. 3270 Emulation to IBM M/F with 3174 Controller

11. 3270 emulation

12. 3270 Emulation