sshd in inetd

Post by Tony Curti » Sun, 04 Jun 2000 04:00:00

>> On Sun, 04 Jun 2000 00:59:00 +0200,

> Hello, can anybody help me out with an answer to this
> question:
> Is it possible to start sshd on request via inetd ?

Yes it's possible, but it's generally not done (at least
in my experience).  sshd has quite a lengthy
initialisation phase, which then gets repeated for every
request if it's run from inetd.

hth
"Trying is the first step towards failure"
                                           Homer Simpson

1. How to make inetd run sshd ?

I thought this would be simple but guess I overestimated myself or
something. I've played around with /etc/inetd.conf and /etc/services
(I added a ssh service with tcp to port 22 and I tried to run sshd as
root from inetd..) but that hasn't helped any.

I'm running a out-of-the-box RH 5.1

sshd is working if I run it from console:

Secure connection to my.site.net refused; reverting to insecure method.
Using rsh.  WARNING: Connection will not be encrypted.
Password:
rlogin: connection closed.

Host key not found from the list of known hosts.
Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)?

I bet there is a simple solution.. I just have no idea of what to try.

--
Pirkka Jokela   "I find
                 when I'm all alone

2. FYI: A simple analysis of software industry

3. How to enable openSSH sshd daemon, is it in inetd.conf?

4. hacmp serial network question.

5. Linux: getting SSHD to work using INETD--HELP!

6. 2.5.1Recommended.tar.Z

7. sshd in inetd

8. Upgrading Mozilla

9. Can't make sshd work with inetd

10. Linux: getting SSHD to work using INETD--HELP!

11. Trouble connecting to an SSHD box(RH7 newest SSHD)

12. Q inetd/sockets: how to run my daemon from inetd???

13. multiple inetd spawning from an inetd