Need help with Interactive UNIX's YP

Post by Trond Kand » Sat, 14 Nov 1992 21:49:23

I need help with Interactive UNIX's YP.

I use the sysadm utillity to install the files and configure YP.

I want to set up the maschine to be a YP-client of a SUN SS2.  Somehow the
machine starts to transfer maps (?) and after it has transfered 1 or 2 maps it
hangs ...
After a while I get a message:
yp: can't find ypserver for "domain. ...."; still trying;
.
.

Urgh !

The question is,- has anyone got an idea what's wrong ?
If I want the machine to be a YP-client,- it shouldn't transfer the maps,- should
it ?

I'm running Interactive UNIX ver. 2.2.1 on a AST premium 486/33 T.
Interactive NFS ( don't remember version ) and YP vers. 2.1.

I would appreciate if someone could help me :-) !.

Thank You !.

Trond Kandal.
--
System-administrator: Trond Kandal, Institutt for Informatikk, Universitetet i

"I never make mistakes,- once I thought I had made a mistake,
but I was mistaken."

1. NIS+ YP , NYS need Help I'm DYING!

I'm trying to recompilemy library to make it NYS aware... in order to install
 a run a NYS server off one of my machines.  So I got the source for my libc
4.6.27 and installed it, then went and got the NYS-0.27 service library.

I ran config from the libc directory that was created and answered yes to
the following question;

make nys aware library from nys-0.27?

up to there everything's fine. the problem arises when I do a make on it..

after a couple minutes I get an error because it's trying to go in the dir
libc-nys to and cannot find the file: libc.sa ... thing is.. that directory
was never created nor is this file in it... though I do know that this file
is present in the /usr/lib directory..... what should I do?!

1. edit the makefile?
2. move the libc.sa in the directory and compile?!
 any  help appreciated!

Thanx....

Nicolas St-Pierre

2. help with unix VACATION command

3. Need Help: How use streammer on Interactive UNIX ?

4. oops in skbuff.c

5. Need help with Interactive unix

6. How to add more ptys ?

7. Need help w/serial communication under interactive unix

8. Stack size overflow?

9. HELP CONFIGURING SENDMAIL/SMAIL ON INTERACTIVE UNIX 2.2 - PLEASE HELP!

10. HELP, I need intel assembler and UNIX C porting help - I'm STUCK! ):