tcp wrappers y2k compliance.

Post by Laurent Glizier » Wed, 28 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Hello,

I try to find some information about TCP WRAPPERS y2k compliance but i
can't. If anyone have some information he/she's welcome.

regards

laurent

tcp wrappers y2k compliance.

Post by Jeff Kenne » Wed, 28 Apr 1999 04:00:00

The tcp-wrapper has no date sensitive data.  It relies on the OS for
things like logging.

As long as your OS is Y2k you're fine with tcp-wrappers.

Jeff
On Tue, 27 Apr 1999 16:12:30 +0200, Laurent Gliziere

Post by David Malo » Wed, 28 Apr 1999 04:00:00

>I try to find some information about TCP WRAPPERS y2k compliance but i
>can't. If anyone have some information he/she's welcome.

I can't imagine why tcpwrappers would call any date related functions.
A quick grep for date, year and time suggest that it doesn't. (It does
use a timeout, but that's a relative measure).

        David.

Post by ay.. » Wed, 05 May 1999 04:00:00

> Hello,

> I try to find some information about TCP WRAPPERS y2k compliance but i
> can't. If anyone have some information he/she's welcome.

> regards

> laurent

i am sure that you are joking .

Post by Matt Bi » Wed, 05 May 1999 04:00:00

[> I try to find some information about TCP WRAPPERS y2k compliance but i
[> can't. If anyone have some information he/she's welcome.
[i am sure that you are joking .

Try explaining to the management types that time in Unix is (typically)
stored in a 32bit counter. They want an actual statement from the
author/publisher that all their software is not going to die in 8
months.

--
http://www.csis.gvsu.edu/matt
http://contempt.csis.gvsu.edu

Post by Mark Wilkin » Thu, 06 May 1999 04:00:00

> Try explaining to the management types that time in Unix is (typically)
> stored in a 32bit counter. They want an actual statement from the
> author/publisher that all their software is not going to die in 8
> months.

  If only it were that simple!  Unfortunately many applications and
utilities that do date processing convert to their own internal formats
which may or may not be as compliant as the operating system.  Y2K
problems may not be a problem for most people but it's vastly imprudent
not to do at least a cursory investigation.

-- Mark

Mark Wilkins                  Walt Disney Feature Animation