problem : using meta-characters in setting user password

problem : using meta-characters in setting user password

Post by sandee » Thu, 05 Dec 2002 17:01:10

Hi ,

I am working on a linux machine - Red Hat Linux release 7.0.

I tried to change my password using "passwd" command.
I used meta-characters in my password. I got the following error message.
"passwd: Authentication token manipulation error"

If this is the case, how can I use meta-characters in my password and set it
using passwd command.

Thanks,
Sandeep

1. Command grouping meta-characters in Korn Shell.

The 'C'-shell has the curly braces, '{' and '}' that help group
commands together. e.g  ls  file{1,2} would cause a match
of file1 and file2.

What is the equivalent in 'K' shell ?.

Is there a list that details equivalent functionality between
the C shell and K shell ?.

Would appreciate a 'cc' copy to my email address, alongwith
net posts.

Thanks
ram

 Ramakrishna J. Tumuluri

 #include        <standard.disclaimer>
 #include        <witty.saying>
 #include        <fancy.pseudo.graphics>

2. : Hardware compatibility/support questions .

3. Problem with character sets using SCO Open Server 3 and 5

4. virtualhost problem

5. apache only uses 8-character passwords?

6. openlook/motif talk client/server

7. Can't set root password- Password busy error -is not due to temp password file

8. Just a query

9. Apache 1.3.6: Can't authorize users with passwords over 8 characters!

10. Force user to put a password with special characters in it.

11. Meta characters in tcsh

12. linux and using ESCAPE (U to change character set

13. Character set used at bootup for X?