Need SENDMAIL Guru's help, ASAP!

Post by Patrick Lark » Sun, 08 Aug 1993 00:12:55

I have a problem I need to resolve quickly..... Some of my Marketing
people have published an E-mail address in the form of 'word.xxx'.
Now, when I try to setup the alias 'word.xxx:username' I get this
error:
        /usr/lib/aliases: line 412: cannot alias non-local names
and when I try to mail to it (using sendmail debug mode) I get:

        Version 4.1
        This is a test of the 'word.xxx' alias....

        Saving message in //dead.letter

I've tried CNAMEing 'word' to  a valid host, but no luck.
Weird thing is, if I mail to 'word.xxx' on an internal host, it works....
Its only on our 'mailhost' that it wont.   I know that the previous
admin as messed around with 'sendmail.cf' and other than this,
it works fine.... Now he was a lot more 'sendmail-literate' than I.

Any help would be MOST appreciated.... Please reply via E-mail
as this is a REAL hot issue for us.  Thanks a million,

 ||      PATRICK H LARKIN, JR. - UNIX System Administrator     ||

Need SENDMAIL Guru's help, ASAP!

Post by <IE.. » Tue, 10 Aug 1993 20:39:07

Quote:

>I have a problem I need to resolve quickly..... Some of my Marketing
>people have published an E-mail address in the form of 'word.xxx'.
>Now, when I try to setup the alias 'word.xxx:username' I get this
>error:

Try:

word.xxx::include:<filename>

where <filname> is the full path and filename of a text file conatining
the e-mail address(es).