Cisco Aironet 350 HELP!

Post by Oliver Ma » Thu, 15 Aug 2002 07:53:52

I am trying to get my Cisco Aironet 350 PCMCIA card to run in monitor mode.
When I insert the card it registers and recognizes it...ifconfig sees it and
brings it up, but I can't get it into monitor mode to work with kismet.
I applied the aironet_cs patch,  enabled wireless networking and Cisco 35x
support in xconfig, and recompiled the kernel but still no luck.
Using kismet_monitor works and under ifocnfig, it shows that the card is in
promiscuous mode, but kismet tells me that monitor mode is not enabled...
I've tried to manually edit the /proc/driver/aironet/eth0/Config to Mode: y
(for monitor) but it automatically switches back to ESS and still won't
work. Any ideas...thanks!!

Oliver

Cisco Aironet 350 HELP!

Post by m.. » Tue, 20 Aug 2002 14:32:45

> I am trying to get my Cisco Aironet 350 PCMCIA card to run in monitor mode.
> When I insert the card it registers and recognizes it...ifconfig sees it and
> brings it up, but I can't get it into monitor mode to work with kismet.
> I applied the aironet_cs patch,  enabled wireless networking and Cisco 35x
> support in xconfig, and recompiled the kernel but still no luck.
> Using kismet_monitor works and under ifocnfig, it shows that the card is in
> promiscuous mode, but kismet tells me that monitor mode is not enabled...
> I've tried to manually edit the /proc/driver/aironet/eth0/Config to Mode: y
> (for monitor) but it automatically switches back to ESS and still won't
> work. Any ideas...thanks!!

> Oliver

What OS are you using?  >

1. cisco aironet 350 HELP!

I am trying to get my Cisco Aironet 350 PCMCIA card to run in monitor mode.
When I insert the card it registers and recognizes it...ifconfig sees it and
brings it up, but I can't get it into monitor mode to work with kismet.
I applied the aironet_cs patch,  enabled wireless networking and Cisco 35x
support in xconfig, and recompiled the kernel but still no luck.
Using kismet_monitor works and under ifocnfig, it shows that the card is in
promiscuous mode, but kismet tells me that monitor mode is not enabled...
I've tried to manually edit the /proc/driver/aironet/eth0/Config to Mode: y
(for monitor) but it automatically switches back to ESS and still won't
work. Any ideas...thanks!!

Oliver

2. ISDN for Linux?

3. Please help on installing CISCO Aironet 350 PCMCIA Wireless on RH8

4. New or Revised TAs on websco, 970307

5. Cisco Aironet 350 PCMCIA card. Which chipset?

6. Help w/Diamond Stealth Video 2500

7. Cisco Aironet 350 Wireless PCI 802.11 card - problems!

8. unable to see scsci device off Apaptec 2940 Ultr-wide controller

9. Cisco Aironet 350 series wireless NIC

10. Cisco aironet 350 wirless lan adapter

11. sniffing 802.11with Cisco Aironet 350

12. Cisco Aironet 350 pc card - bcard clears settings.

13. Cisco Aironet 350 Setup on Slackware 8.0