Q:logging out idle users

Post by Heng K » Sun, 09 Oct 1994 09:52:33

Hello netters,

What is a failsafe way of logging out users who are idle for more than
x units of time?  - Specifically on SGI IRIX 5.2.

I'm aware of the autologout features by various shells but these can
be disabled by the user his/herself.  I need something the
unprivileged user can't touch.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Heng Kek

Q:logging out idle users

Post by Michael Laus » Tue, 11 Oct 1994 13:17:06

: Hello netters,

: What is a failsafe way of logging out users who are idle for more than
: x units of time?  - Specifically on SGI IRIX 5.2.

: I'm aware of the autologout features by various shells but these can
: be disabled by the user his/herself.  I need something the
: unprivileged user can't touch.  Any ideas?

: Thanks,
: Heng Kek

For S5R? type systems there's idleout on ftp.uu.net in /published/sysadmin.
For SunOS there's one currently in development...

HTH

PROGRAM n.    A magic spell cast over a computer allowing it to turn one's
              input into error messages.
        tr.v. To engage in a pastime similar to banging one's head against
              a wall, but with fewer opportunities for reward.
The opinions expressed are mine, 'cause I'm the one pushing the keys!

1. Can apache/stronghold log when a user 'click outs' of your site?

If I have a link to a URL on another server, can I log when a user
clicks this link? (sort of like HTTP_REFERRER, but the inverse)

Example:

My site is www.A.com and I have a link to www.B.com along with
www.C.com, www.D.com, etc... I want to know if a user clicks on any of
these links.

Is this possible?

Thanks greatly,
Chuck

2. Plug and Play Ethernet Cards

3. Idle time-outs

4. Secure FTP questions

5. Logging Off Idle Users

6. Getting "Errror 403" for virtual hosts with Mandrake

7. logging off idle users...

8. Anyone built Gopher under Solaris?

9. Log out idle users (Solaris).

10. Logging out idle users

11. Program to log off idle users

12. killing idle users that don't seem to be idle

13. is there a program to log out idle users?