Backup S/W for optical w/ RAID providing file migration (HSM)

Backup S/W for optical w/ RAID providing file migration (HSM)

Post by Avinash R » Sun, 04 Dec 1994 03:21:14

Hi Folks,

        I want a recommendation for a backup software for optical w/
about 100GB of front end RAID.  File migration (HSM) is real important.
Somone recommended EPIC software and I don't know anything about it.
Can anybody tell me more about this EPIC or recommend a S/W I can look
into?  Your help is extremely important.  Thanks a lot.

Avinash

--
                               '''
                              (o o)

Post by Reto Lichtensteig » Sun, 04 Dec 1994 06:31:17

:       I want a recommendation for a backup software for optical w/
: about 100GB of front end RAID.  File migration (HSM) is real important.
: Somone recommended EPIC software and I don't know anything about it.
: Can anybody tell me more about this EPIC or recommend a S/W I can look
: into?  Your help is extremely important.  Thanks a lot.

"Epoch" A subsidiary of EMC squared ...

Epoch Systems Inc.
8 Technology Drive
Westborough MA 01581
(508) 836-4300

The EpochServ package is what you're looking for -- you assign high and
low water marks to the filesystem and a job runs perioodically which
flushes data to the M-O subsystem.  Epoch's package works quitenicely,
but it ain't cheap ...

Also look at Fujitsu Computer Products ( 800 626-4686 ); they have a
package called DynaSERVE

Reto L.
--

System Administrator    Horizon Research Inc    (617) 466-8304
                        Waltham MA 02154

"The system has been practicing a noncomputational lifestyle ever
since the boot disk became I/O challenged."

1. Advice : HSM and Backup Management Software

  I'd appreciate everyones experiences and/or reccomendations for
backup management and HSM software. The environment is
Sun Sparc(SS2000s, and SS10), running primarily Solaris 2.3.

  Any information is appreciated. TIA.

Mark S. Velasquez, M.Sc. Engineering

2. ALi Chipset Freezes on USB Modprobe

3. Backup Management Software, HSM advice.

4. Routing between LAN and Internet - help

5. Backup/Archiving/HSM recommendations

6. Console login problem

7. HSM & Backup software for STK4400 needed

8. Ati Tv Tuner

9. Raid performace issues (Raid 5 vs. Raid 0+1) with database files

10. Does Linux provides everything what Windows OS provides?

11. optical drives and optical media

12. Magnetic-Optical backup unit.

13. Solaris optical disk backup