cc errors on Solaris 2.6 - does Solaris come with a compiler anymore?

cc errors on Solaris 2.6 - does Solaris come with a compiler anymore?

Post by Melissa A. Marqui » Tue, 06 Oct 1998 04:00:00

mmarquis%  cc
/usr/ucb/cc :  language optional software package not installed

What is this?  Ok, let me take a guess - it isn't installed properly or
we just don't get a compiler anymore like
back in my sysadmin days of SunOS 4.1.3.

Also,  I get this other error:

ld.so.1: ./it_test: fatal: libXm.so.2: open failed: No such file or
directory

Now, I vaguely remember the ld.so errors from hell - what is going on
here - possibly a rebuild.  I just
dumped out a tape of Solaris binaries and got this so I thought it is
possibly telling me to recompile.

Thanks,
Melissa

  vcard.vcf
< 1K Download

Post by Timothy J. L » Tue, 06 Oct 1998 04:00:00

|mmarquis%  cc
|/usr/ucb/cc :  language optional software package not installed
|
|What is this?  Ok, let me take a guess - it isn't installed properly or
|we just don't get a compiler anymore like
|back in my sysadmin days of SunOS 4.1.3.

Look for a precompiled gcc, then use that to compile gcc or egcs
from the source code.

|Also,  I get this other error:
|
|ld.so.1: ./it_test: fatal: libXm.so.2: open failed: No such file or
|directory
|
|Now, I vaguely remember the ld.so errors from hell - what is going on
|here - possibly a rebuild.  I just
|dumped out a tape of Solaris binaries and got this so I thought it is
|possibly telling me to recompile.

The executable was linked with -lXm .  It is now looking for the
shared library but cannot find it.  You need to relink it with
-R/path/where/libXm.so.2/is for it to find the library on execution.
Another option is wrap it in a shell script that sets the environment
variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include the appropriate directory and
then executes the executable.