dd utility for dos

Post by Duane Smit » Wed, 02 May 2001 22:00:59

does anyone have dd utility for dos?  it would greatly appreciated.

alex

dd utility for dos

Post by User Bobkeys BSD Bob the old greybeard BSD frea » Thu, 03 May 2001 01:05:03

> does anyone have dd utility for dos?  it would greatly appreciated.

What is it that you are trying to do?  There is a dd for dos, that I
think I got mine out of the old simtel archives, years ago.  There is
also a rawread and rawrite for dos that may be easier to find and work
the same.  The dd came in a thing called uxutl210.zip, dated 12 DEC 92.
It is a package of UNIX utils for dos.

Good Luck....

Bob

dd utility for dos

Post by Joe Durusa » Thu, 03 May 2001 02:41:19

Not exactly the same, but would xcopy do???

Speaking only for myself,

Joe Durusau

> does anyone have dd utility for dos?  it would greatly appreciated.

> alex

dd utility for dos

Post by Lee Mille » Fri, 04 May 2001 01:40:49

If you only need to do the equivalent of a dd if=<file> of=/dev/fd/0 you can
use rawrite available in most linux distributions or at
ftp://ftp.redhat.com/redhat/linux/7.1/en/os/i386/dosutils/rawrite.exe

Quote:> does anyone have dd utility for dos?  it would greatly appreciated.

> alex

1. dd of DOS MBR wanted (to boot dos on hdb)

Can someone email me a copy of their DOS MBR? Mine has evidently
gotten erased from hdb during my fiddling. fdisk /mbr like to do
its work on hda and I do not want to have to rejumper my disks just
to install an MBR.

As a further explanation, I want to do this so that I can boot DOS
on hdb1. It does not seem to work if I just point lilo (or the minix
monitor on hdb2) to hdb1. I noticed that to boot redhat on hda1, the
minix boot monitor requires I point it to hd0, which is equivalent
to just hda in lilo. (Lilo of course seems ok with hda1.) It got me
thinking that maybe I should point monitor (or lilo) to hd5 (hdb).

Right now, if I point lilo to hdb1 or minix monitor to hdb6 (=hdb1),
I get "invalid system disk". Inserting a dos boot floppy works ok
and I can switch to the C: filesystem just fine. I want to do this
front the bootloaders however.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. 3 multi-homed

3. "blocksize" options, dd, tar utilities

4. HELP: uucp & uux from SCOr3v2 to Slackware

5. A quick dd utility question

6. DHCP question

7. Using the dos version of dd...

8. Please unsubscribe me from this list.

9. Using dd copy image file to make a DOS bootable disk

10. Need DOS port of UNIX "dd" command.

11. Changing all date fields from mm/dd/yy to dd/mm/yy

12. dd | remsh dd under AIX 1.2

13. dd command: extract single files out of a dd-file