postfix: ignoring certain uids?

Post by Georg Schwa » Mon, 07 Jul 2003 23:57:09

Can postfix be configured to ignore certain uids (e.g. 1 through 999)
for incoming mail or sent such mail directly to postmaster? I would like
to get around explicitely putting all the system pseudo users into
/etc/aliases. Is there some elegant way to accomplish that?

--
Georg Schwarz    http://home.pages.de/~schwarz/

1. Print certain emails using Postfix, Sieve and Cups

Maybe either permissions or PATH.  I did something similar, and for
testing purposes I put the print commands in a shell script, and added
that to the alias.  So it went something like :
In aliases...
print:"|/tmp/myshellscript"

/tmp/myshellscript...
#!/bin/sh
lpr -Pmyprinter

chmod a+x myshellscript

That way I was sure postfix could execute the shell script.  Once I had it
working, I moved the script to somewhere postfix had read/execute access,
but was safer than /tmp.

Also, check your logs for any possible errors...Postfix is reasonably good
at telling you exactly what's going on.

--
- Matt -

2. snort on firewall.

3. Spell checker that you can tell to ignore certain areas of text?

4. Print Banners on Solaris 2.3

5. Sort ignoring certain characters?

6. ANNOUNCE: KDE Alpha 20000404 Binaries available

7. Ignore certain protocols with SNOOP?

8. ifconfig vs network configuration under xwin

9. Ignore logging on certain files Apache

10. mod_throttle 3.1.2 appears to ignore certain file types

11. Ignore certain Ip addresses when logging

12. Postfix fills up /var/spool/postfix/maildrop?

13. UID / effective UID problem