FTPd for Solaris 2.6

Post by Robert van Krimpe » Sat, 06 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Hi,
need an FTPd deamon for Solaris 2.6 for 8000 (or more) users. There will be
a max of 1000 concurrent users. The deamon has to be real time logging
functions.
Can anyone suggest which deamon i can use for?

Thanks

FTPd for Solaris 2.6

Post by Brent Duckwort » Sat, 06 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> Hi,
> need an FTPd deamon for Solaris 2.6 for 8000 (or more) users. There
will be
> a max of 1000 concurrent users. The deamon has to be real time logging
> functions.
> Can anyone suggest which deamon i can use for?

> Thanks

Check out NcFTPd 2.5.0 at http://www.ncftp.com.

Brent

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

FTPd for Solaris 2.6

Post by Martin Hepwort » Sat, 06 Nov 1999 04:00:00

> Hi,
> need an FTPd deamon for Solaris 2.6 for 8000 (or more) users. There will be
> a max of 1000 concurrent users. The deamon has to be real time logging
> functions.
> Can anyone suggest which deamon i can use for?

> Thanks

HI
have you checked out either wu-ftpd or proftpd? Also do a 'ftpd' on
freshmeat.net to see others. (btw would be intersting to get info from
Walnut Creek at to what ftpd they run on top of their single processor
PIII 500Mhz Xeon FreeBSD box - the busiest ftp site in the world which
will cope with 5000 users!

martin

1. ftpd on Solaris 2.6

Hi,

I'm having some trouble with getting the Solaris x86/2.6 ftp daemon to
work with user ftp's on shadow passwords. It dumps core each time a user
attempts to ftp into the machine. The Solaris Sparc/2.6 ftp daemon works
properly with shadow passwords, but it seems to break a ftp connection
after it runs for several hours. Does anyone know what's wrong with
Solaris' ftp package, or is it a configuration problem? Should I change
to a different ftp daemon instead?

Thanks in advance, and please Cc: your reply to

cheers,
hoeteck

2. What happened?

3. wu-ftpd in Solaris 2.6

4. Single or multiple partitions?

5. where to find WU-FTPD 2.6 for sparc-solaris 2.6 (binary)?

6. Newbie can't log into his own wu-ftpd server...

7. Solaris 2.6 in.ftpd and sublogins

8. Anybody got an old SO5.1a CD?

9. ftpd bug in Solaris 2.5.1/2.6

10. wu-ftpd, Solaris 2.6, compile trouble

11. Solaris 2.6 and ftpd

12. Solaris 2.6, in.ftpd, ksh

13. Does anonymous wu-ftpd work on Solaris 2.6?