Matching Open Sockets with processes

Post by Lee E Parso » Wed, 16 Mar 1994 00:24:38

Netstat provides a reasonable list of active sockets on the system and
the systems they are talking too. How do I go one step further and tie
that Socket to a local process?

I'm trying to find a way to track down processes hung talking to dead
clients. If I can  match a PID with the info in netstat I can back
track and see if the system is still up.

--
Regards,

Lee E. Parsons

Post by Peter Van E » Wed, 16 Mar 1994 01:31:36

>Netstat provides a reasonable list of active sockets on the system and
>the systems they are talking too. How do I go one step further and tie
>that Socket to a local process?
>I'm trying to find a way to track down processes hung talking to dead
>clients. If I can  match a PID with the info in netstat I can back
>track and see if the system is still up.
>--
>Regards,
>Lee E. Parsons

If you are running one of the systems it supports, lsof from Purdue (archie
will find it) will do this for you.