Control Tools for binaries and source wanted.

Control Tools for binaries and source wanted.

Post by Steve McCool » Fri, 26 Apr 1991 06:05:07

My apologies if this is not a good question.

I am looking for a revision control tool that can be integrated
easily with make.  I need it to handle binaries and source in
traditional ways ( branching, multiple versions, locking, etc ).  It
would also have to maintain integrated source but seperate
binaries for multiple machine types.  I would also like to be able
to manipulate ( checkin, checkout, etc. ) entire directory trees
of source and/or binaries.  Is there anything out in the world
that will do all of these things, commercial or not?  I'd appreciate
any help or pointers.  Thanks.

Steve

------

Applied Computing Devices, Inc.

1. Source control/Version control wanted

Where can I find a good (PD) source control/version control program
for UNIX?  We have an application with about 2000 subroutines, supported
on several UNIX platforms and woked on by several people.  We need a better
means of managing this situation.  All suggestions MOST welcome.

Please Email as I don't always have time to read this group.

Thanks!

Brian Wainscott  | "I want to get so close to Him that it's no big change

2. No more PTYs

3. Tools Tools Tools ... wanted

4. Bug? (1.9.15p8 Sun IPX/Sun-OS 4.3/Solaris 1.1)

5. CVS source control tool

6. ftp'ing in a shell

7. source control tool

8. StarOffice 4.0 expiry patch?

9. Multi-user development source code control tool?

10. Source Code Control/Project Mamangement Tools

11. source code control tool better than SCCS on sun ?

12. Looking for Source Control Tool

13. SYBPERL binaries wanted for creating a WWW-SQL gateway with the WBD tool