ISP dial-up service

Post by Patri » Fri, 23 Jul 1999 04:00:00

I was required to implement dial-up services
Here is my plan:

Cisco Access Server 2511 as the dial up server
with some 56K modems attached
in the LAN, there is an Solaris box,
with RADIUS installed as the authentication and accounting server

Is my selection of hardware and software good?
Does Cisco really support RADIUS??

--

ISP dial-up service

Post by Barrett Richardso » Fri, 23 Jul 1999 04:00:00

We are using Livingston RADIUS and it works well. We are in the
process of switching to Cistron RADIUS because of its ability
to associate a subnet with a username. With rip v2 enabled on
the cisco, it spits out a route via rip when a customer with
a subnet dials in. Been working beautifully - but you do have
to 'kill -HUP' the Cistron RADIUS whenver you may a change to
the users file.

We did have a problem with disconnects when we brought the
ciscoes up. Chased it down to modems with Lucent chipsets
(winmodems for the most part). Updated drivers and flash
upgrades from the vendors' websites fixed most of these
issues.

We replaced four six foot racks of modems with five pizza box
sized ciscoes and have a bit more capacity.

-

Barrett

Quote:> I was required to implement dial-up services
> Here is my plan:

> Cisco Access Server 2511 as the dial up server
> with some 56K modems attached
> in the LAN, there is an Solaris box,
> with RADIUS installed as the authentication and accounting server

> Is my selection of hardware and software good?
> Does Cisco really support RADIUS??

> --

ISP dial-up service

Post by Jaime Juan y Sev » Tue, 27 Jul 1999 04:00:00

> I was required to implement dial-up services
> Here is my plan:

> Cisco Access Server 2511 as the dial up server
> with some 56K modems attached
> in the LAN, there is an Solaris box,
> with RADIUS installed as the authentication and accounting server

> Is my selection of hardware and software good?
> Does Cisco really support RADIUS??

> --

  yep cisco offers raduis auth auth and acc have a look at { radiator }
radius server software pretty good written in perl

Jaime

1. ISP dial-up service

I was required to implement dial-up services
Here is my plan:

Cisco Access Server 2511 as the dial up server
with some 56K modems attached
in the LAN, there is an Solaris box,
with RADIUS installed as the authentication and accounting server

Is my selection of hardware and software good?
Does Cisco really support RADIUS??

--

2. Advanced sed examples?

3. Announcement: Free Linux version of Smalltalk/X for educational use

4. 2.3 -> 2.7 via Dial-up (Re: CVS over 'dropping' dial-ups)

5. HP DeskJet - Automatic power down?

6. "Linux experts", competitive advantage nonsense, was Linux as dial-up ISP.

7. Communication between device drivers!?

8. Exchanging email with an ISP over a dial-up connection

9. ISP Dial-up from the Command Line

10. Dial-up to ISP

11. How to setup modem dial-up to ISP?

12. Sendmail setup for dial-up ISP (again)