HP - CPU count

Post by M. Ca » Fri, 02 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

How can I find out the number of CPU installed on HP server,
runs HP-UX 10 or 11.

Thanks
Minh

HP - CPU count

Post by Mike Purdi » Sat, 03 Jun 2000 04:00:00

ioscan -C processor

Quote:

> Hi,

> How can I find out the number of CPU installed on HP server,
> runs HP-UX 10 or 11.

> Thanks
> Minh

HP - CPU count

Post by RenĂ© Metaa » Sat, 03 Jun 2000 04:00:00

To mention a few...
1. ioscan -fC processor
2. top
3. sar -Mu
4. dmesg | grep processor
With the model command you can check your HP model
With uname -r you can see what HP-UX version you're running. see also
swlist.
-Regards
Rene Metaal

Quote:

> Hi,

> How can I find out the number of CPU installed on HP server,
> runs HP-UX 10 or 11.

> Thanks
> Minh

1. cpu-count > # of cpu's

Greetings

  We are using SCO Unix 3.2.4.2 MPX 3 with Oracle 7.2.2.4.
  There are 5 active cpu's. Via mpstat we have found that
  cpu 1 is utilized much more than the other 4. The cpu_count
  parameter in Oracle defaults to one. Can we assume that
  Oracle is only utilizing 1 cpu? Oracle support has stated
  that there is a bug with cpu_count reporting and initialy
  recommended that we force cpu_count = 5. However Oracle
  SupportLink recommends that we do not force cpu_count. No
  other solutions are forth coming. How can we get Oracle to
  recognize all available cpus. How do we verify that Oracle
  recognizes all available cpus.

  We have found 4 parameters in space.c that may improve Oracle
  performance under MPX. However I must relink unix and cannot
  so for until 10/25.

  If anyone has any insights about our situation I would
  greatly appreciate it.

                                 Thank you for your time
                                 John Z.

2. lost charaters -- this is becoming annoying!

3. CPU utilization and Packet count...

4. Looking for a STUN server

5. Count CPU time

6. setup_per_cpu still broken in 2.5.9

7. High blocked process count and CPU wait in vmstat

8. Sed script assistance

9. Linux SMP mis-counts CPUs

10. [RFC][0/2] per-CPU IDTs aka booting high irq count ia32 boxes

11. vmunix: System correctable error count on cpu exceeds threshold???

12. cpu instruction count

13. Wrong CPU count