a good sys admin magazine

Post by Boris Shakhnovi » Tue, 12 Sep 1995 04:00:00

Hello
I am a fairly new sys admina and I wanted to know if anybody knew a good sys
admin magazine that would keep me up to date on the altest tricks of the trade
and would cover most of the Unix versions out there
        If you have any info on this stuff would you please write to me

                        Thanks a lot
                                        Boris
P.S hi

a good sys admin magazine

Post by Ron Woo » Thu, 14 Sep 1995 04:00:00

Unix Review is one of the better ones, also the Linux magazine is pretty good.
--

Ron Wood, Systems Administrator CE-CERT, UCR

a good sys admin magazine

Post by Edmund Bac » Fri, 15 Sep 1995 04:00:00

Also look for SysAdmin magazine.  Good all-round help.
----------

  The Moving FInger write; and, having writ
  Moves on: nor all thy Peity nor Wit
    Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
  Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

a good sys admin magazine

Post by Michael Rogero Brown (Sys Adm » Sat, 16 Sep 1995 04:00:00

: Hello
: I am a fairly new sys admina and I wanted to know if anybody knew a good sys
: admin magazine that would keep me up to date on the altest tricks of the trade
: and would cover most of the Unix versions out there
:       If you have any info on this stuff would you please write to me

SysAdmin is a good, all round choice.

Most of the major Unix platforms have magazines for them (many available free)
and usually have a column devoted to sysadmining.

--
----------All Opinions Expressed are MINE, not IBM's--------------
Michael Rogero Brown            (ITV, PDA, and uKR1 System Administrator)

If you think I speak for IBM, then I've got some swamp land^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H
real estate here in Florida to sell you.

a good sys admin magazine

Post by George Wals » Fri, 22 Sep 1995 04:00:00

Any more details on this mag ???

Thanks,

George

a good sys admin magazine

Post by Michael Rogero Brown (Sys Adm » Sat, 23 Sep 1995 04:00:00

: Any more details on this mag ???

It's published 6 times a year by Miller Freeman, publishers of other mags
like Dr Dobb's, Unix Review and others.  Cost is $39 a year (newstand or
subscription).  Their address is:

SysAdmin
1601 W 23rd ST, Suite 200
Lawrence, KS 66046-9950

They also have a series of Reference Reprint booklets (with diskettes).
So far they have:

1. Network Access
2. Backup
3. Performance (available soon)
4. Security (available soon)

These go for $15 each.

--
----------All Opinions Expressed are MINE, not IBM's--------------
Michael Rogero Brown            (ITV, PDA, and uKR1 System Administrator)
IBM (ITV & PCA Development)     TEL/TIE   (407) 443-6400

If you think I speak for IBM, then I've got some swamp land^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H
real estate here in Florida to sell you.

1. a good sys admin magazine

 Hello
        I am a new system administrator and I was wondering of someone out there
knew of a good sys admin magazine that would keep me up to date on all the      latest and would give me good details on how to solve problems and what to buy and how

                                Thanks in advance
                                                Boris
P.S hi

2. Help! configureing cable internet service <mediaone>

3. Sys Admin Magazine; any good?

4. Handling incoming E-Mails

5. Sys Admin Magazines

6. Acer Extensa 501T install of Linux

7. Magazine for Solaris Sys Admins

8. PPPoE problem: sorry we died

9. Sys Admin Magazine & Windows Software

10. "Sys Admin" - a magazine???

11. suggestions for a good solaris admin magazine?

12. Need a good Sys Admin book, and that damn delete key!!

13. Good Sys Admin Book?