sparc ultra 60 won't boot from external CDROM

sparc ultra 60 won't boot from external CDROM

Post by te.. » Fri, 03 Nov 2000 03:58:20

anyone know the syntax to get the nvram to boot from the external
scsi connector (CDROM ID#6) instead of the internal?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

sparc ultra 60 won't boot from external CDROM

Post by te.. » Fri, 03 Nov 2000 22:04:31

nevermind..finally got it with:

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Sparc ULTRA 60 fails boot

I  have a SUN ULTRA 60.  Two 450MHZ CPUs, 512 MB of RAM.

When I try to boot it, to shows the "system config" at the top of the monitor (two 450Mhz cpus, 512 MB of ram...etc)
but I never see the "initializing memory" where the cursor rotates around, and the boot process goes no further.

There was an original problem where one of the memory DIMMs got loose when it was moved, and we have a "red" error on
the console.
We re-seated the memory, but not until someone played with the jumpers.

So this leads to two questions:

Does anyone know what the correct positions are for the jumpers (factory defaults) next to the memory slots ?

Does anyone know why the boot may be stopping?

Thanks in advance.

Dennis

2. PPPD - PAP FAILS

3. HELP! Ultra 60 won't turn on?!?!

4. Motif 2.1 problem or other else?

5. Ultra 60 cdrom and audio cd's ?

6. listing files generated SINCE a timestamp

7. HELP! Ultra 60 won't turn on?!?!

8. Linux on a PS/ValuePoint

9. sun ultra 60 can't boot ,help ?

10. Ultra Sparc Willn't boot form Cdrom !!

11. cases of Ultra 30, Ultra 60 and Ultra 450 and PC components

12. Ultra-5 won't boot from cdrom

13. Ultra 10 won't boot to HD or CDROM