Send Mail using SMTP?

Post by Anderson Kadzomb » Wed, 09 Apr 2003 21:00:13

How do I send mail at the unix prompt using SMTP commands? Where can I
get help on SMTP commands. Sorry I am a newbie hence the silly question

Regards,

Anderson

Send Mail using SMTP?

Post by Mike Forsma » Wed, 09 Apr 2003 21:24:28

> How do I send mail at the unix prompt using SMTP commands? Where can I
> get help on SMTP commands. Sorry I am a newbie hence the silly question

> Regards,

> Anderson

Telnet to port 25 of your server. RFC 821 will give a good
description of SMTP commands, or you can Google for SMTP and
Telnet to get examples.

Mike Forsman

Send Mail using SMTP?

Post by Barry Margoli » Wed, 09 Apr 2003 23:14:02

>> How do I send mail at the unix prompt using SMTP commands? Where can I
>> get help on SMTP commands. Sorry I am a newbie hence the silly question

>> Regards,

>> Anderson

>Telnet to port 25 of your server. RFC 821 will give a good
>description of SMTP commands, or you can Google for SMTP and
>Telnet to get examples.

To be precise, RFC 2821 has superceded RFC 821.  And RFC 2822 has
superceded RFC 822, which describes the format of mail messages.

--

Genuity Managed Services, a Level(3) Company, Woburn, MA

1. Using mail/Mail to send HTML mail via SMTP

Hi,

I'm extremely rusty on UNIX, and am looking for help on sending HTML mail
via SMTP, using mail or Mail.  Could somebody send me a commandline, please?
Specifically:

--how to specify recipient
--how to specify subject
--how to set content-type to HTML
--how to 'attach a file' a la most Windows mail programs

I'm on System V, Release 4

Thanx

--A

2. help with 3com 3c509b-tp

3. Is there a way to send mail attachment using /usr/ucb/mail ?

4. Win 98 and Linux

5. Can send mail out but can't send mail in?

6. mail with qmail

7. smtp behind firewall send mail slow help?

8. To blix@computerhackerz.com

9. Zmail sending mail to SMTP server?

10. Setting up sendmail to send non-local mail to SMTP proxy server

11. can't send mail in kmail via smtp

12. Send mail bypassing other SMTP servers.

13. Q:sending mail to a SMTP server???