Request for Opinion: Hierarchical Storage Management Vendors?

Request for Opinion: Hierarchical Storage Management Vendors?

Post by E.R. » Tue, 16 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Mangelement *ahem* Management has decreed that they want some sort of HSM,
so that only 'important' files remain on the RAID system I have spec'ed
out.

Not too hard, except that it will generally have to work over NFS and/or
SMB, and work with either a Solaris or IRIX server, and serve clients
running IRIX, Solaris, WinNT, Linux, and BSD/OS, in decending order
of importance.

Does anyone know of such beasts? Does anyone use such a beast?

Any input would be welcome.

--
"Frankly, Agent Mulder, alien * is the more believable option."
                        Agent Skinner, X-Files, 3/09/98 [paraphrase]

-- My views are those of the DNRC only. Prepare to be domesticated --

1. Hierarchical Storage Management Software

I am looking for a software package that will provide Hierarchical
Storage Management for Solaris 2.5. Our Online storage is an EMC disk
barn, the second level storage will be a slower array of disks, and the
third level will be tape (most likely 8mm).

Please CC me via email when posting a reply.

--
+| Derrick Shultz
+| Unix System Administrator

+|
+| <Insert Standard Employer Disclamer Here >

2. DNS question

3. Hierarchical Storage Management info required

4. Problems With Routing

5. shell scripts for hierarchical storage management?

6. tkgoodstuff error

7. Evaluating Hierarchical Storage Management Options

8. simple rpm question

9. HSM (Hierarchical Storage Management)

10. STATE-OF-THE-ART REPORT ON HIERARCHICAL STORAGE MANAGEMENT (HSM) S/W

11. UNITREE - Hierarchical Storage and File Management Software

12. Hierarchical Storage Management

13. Hierarchical Storage Managment for AIX