(no subject)

Post by Teni E. Nargi » Wed, 17 Apr 1996 04:00:00

        The Strategic Systems Department at the Johns Hopkins University
Applied Physics Laboratory has a need for an Associate or Senior Staff
Information Systems Engineer with a BS/MS in Computer Engineering or
related field.  The candidate must have four or more years direct
experience with specifying, implementing, and documenting information
systems to support both engineering/scientific as well as administrative
applications.

        Our current computing environment includes mainframe computers,
personal computers, workstations, and local area networks supporting a
variety of technical and administrative applications.  We have a need for
an individual with (primarily) computer hardware but also some computer
software experience to help evolve the existing environment to meet new
requirements.  This individual must be capable of determining overall
system requirements for new or enhanced applications, identifying
alternative hardware/software configurations, specifying/selecting system
components (primarily from readily available vendor offerings),
integrating resulting components, testing/documenting the final
configuration, and providing initial orientation to end users.

        The candidate must have broad knowledge of computer equipment and
system software as well as demonstrated ability to evaluate computing
requirements, evaluate equipment/software solutions, and
select/specify/implement resulting recommendations.  Excellent written
and verbal communication skills are necessary.  Experience is required in
one or more of the following computing environments; IBM MVS, personal
computers, local area networks, wide area networks, and/or UNIX
workstations/networks.

        In addition, experience with DoD classified data processing
requirements, government procurement regulations, and experience with
graphics hardware/software is desirable.  U. S. Citizenship is required
to obtain access to classified material.

Anyone with interest should forward their resume to the address/fax
below:

Teni E. Nargiz  Rm. 8-351
The Johns Hopkins University
Applied Physics Laboratory
Johns Hopkins Road
Laurel, MD 20723-6099

Fax  (410) 792-6047

1. Not Available these Signal nos on Linux

Greetings,

The following macros are there on AIX  but not on Linux.If we have
on Linux pls  suggest me how to use(say path) or tell me alternative?

#define SIGDANGER 33    /* system crash imminent; free up some page
space */
#define SIGSAK    63    /* secure attention key */
#define SIGSOUND  62    /* sound control has completed */
#define SIGKAP    60    /* keep alive poll from native keyboard */
#define SIGGRANT  SIGKAP /* monitor mode granted */
#define SIGRETRACT 61   /* monitor mode should be relinguished */
#define  F_CLOSEM       10/**on AIX /usr/include/fcntl.h****/
#define _D_NAME_MAX 255

Thnaks in Advance
Sudhakar Reddy.N

2. several socket errors corrected

3. CD-RW: CDFS? Unstable dev nos?

4. Printing Problem with Redhat 7.3

5. NOS shootout

6. isdn for BSD

7. Seeds for random nos.

8. PPP users traceing: how?

9. faster NOS: NetWare or Linux?

10. Software to read NOS/VE backup tapes

11. Help: What is best NOS/platform for Oracle?

12. Unix <-> NOS