Help - Port refusing connections

Post by Alvin Sayan » Thu, 23 Sep 1993 16:46:30

Hi there,

I have been recently connecting to a remote machine using Telnet on my PC which is connected to a Novell lan. Unfortunetly my last connection to this machine was broken due to problems with my Link (from S Africa). According to the administrator of the machine I was connected to, this has caused his port to refuse connections.

Does anyone know what causes this and what the possible solutions to this problem are ?

PS: I have noticed that I have no problems when telnetting from my Unix account. If the connection is broken I can usually reconnect without problems.

Any help will be GREATLY appreciated.
Alvin...
--
VIRUS ALERT NEW VIRUS:                                   You can find me at :
Arnold Schwarzennegger []       Alvin Sayanna            Development & Stats