Y2K Compliance of Digital Unix 4.0.b

Post by Ken » Wed, 24 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Does anyone out there know where I can find out the compliance of Digital's
Unix version 4.0.b? I searched the site www.digital.com, but did not find
the answer.

--

Perception Inc.
111 Kayaker Way

Post by Christopher Gre » Wed, 24 Feb 1999 04:00:00

>Does anyone out there know where I can find out the compliance of Digital's
>Unix version 4.0.b? I searched the site www.digital.com, but did not find
>the answer.

>--

>Perception Inc.
>111 Kayaker Way
>Easley SC, 29642

It has been my understanding that DU 4.0D is Y2K compliant with
patches, but that earlier versions will not be made Y2K compliant.
If anyone has different information, I'd like to know about it, too.

--
Chris Green
Advanced Technology Center

Y2K Compliance of Digital Unix 4.0.b

Post by Dale Caldwel » Thu, 25 Feb 1999 04:00:00

According to a letter sent by Natalie Sandell, Marketing Mgr, Compaq says
Digital Unix v4.0D is Y2K READY.  What's READY mean vs compliant?  I can't
say.  The letter also says all layered products for 4.0D are Y2K ready as
well.

They give the phone number 1-800-DIGITAL that you can call and request more
information.  They a Digital Unix y2k readiness white paper and other info.
I know I've upgraded our systems to 4.0E and that is supposed to be fine as
well

Dale Caldwell
System's Administrator
Gardener's Supply Company

>Does anyone out there know where I can find out the compliance of Digital's
>Unix version 4.0.b? I searched the site www.digital.com, but did not find
>the answer.

>--

>Perception Inc.
>111 Kayaker Way
>Easley SC, 29642

1. Newbie question about Y2K compliance

Hi All,

        I've been tinkering with RedHat 5.0 and really liking it.  I haven't
been able to find any definitive info about how Linux in general and Red
Hat in particular fare with Year 2000 compliance.  Thanks in advance for
answering what is probably a very elementary matter.

-Jeff

2. question on file locking

3. FreeBSD Y2K compliance on non-compliant hardware

4. getsockname() connection refused

5. Y2K compliance

6. ksh arrays: missing something simple

7. Y2K Compliance

8. Is there someting like HP's pstat(2) in SunOS 5.5.1?

9. Y2K compliance of mktime

10. tcp wrappers y2k compliance.

11. Linux (Red Hat 5.1 and 5.2) Y2K compliance

12. Y2K Compliance's

13. gdb is Y2K compliance ?