Timezone for europe?

Post by system PRIVILEGED accoun » Wed, 04 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Hello

i'm confused.
What is the right timezone for europe (Switzerland, Germany, France, etc)?
Is it MET or GMT+0100?

Thank's

mario

Timezone for europe?

Post by Gareth Looke » Wed, 04 Nov 1998 04:00:00

> Hello

> i'm confused.
> What is the right timezone for europe (Switzerland, Germany, France, etc)?
> Is it MET or GMT+0100?

I believe that MET takes into account daylight savings, where GMT+1
doesn't.

I'm pretty sure that (assuming your in Germany) you want to set it to MET

Gareth

Timezone for europe?

Post by Timo Felbinge » Wed, 04 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Quote:> Hello

> i'm confused.
> What is the right timezone for europe (Switzerland, Germany, France, etc)?
> Is it MET or GMT+0100?

CET.
This is the official name and on some (not all) systems identical to MET.
I have seen systems where CET did work and MET didn't. The reason might
be that MET is deprecated and no longer supported on some systems.

Timo

Timezone for europe?

Post by Dmitry E. Kiselyo » Thu, 05 Nov 1998 04:00:00

> i'm confused.
> What is the right timezone for europe (Switzerland, Germany, France, etc)?
> Is it MET or GMT+0100?

 It depends on country. I have a file with timezone descriptions for all
European countries so if you want I can e-mail it to you.

Best regards,
--
Dmitry E. Kiselyov
Nizhny Novgorod City Health Emergency Station