XDM and multiple NIC's.. Solaris 2.5 ??

Post by Jeremy Howel » Sat, 25 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Hi all.. I have a box running Solaris 2.5, with both 10BaseT and
100BaseT connections to our network.  When I start XDM, it appears to
want to bind to the first NIC only (in this case, hme0), and I can only
login via XDMCP query by going to the IP address on the hme0 interface.
I thought about maybe starting xdm sessions via inetd, but after
researching the documentation I can't find any way to do this.

Can anyone help with this please?  I'd like to be able to either bind
the xdm daemon to ALL my NICs or somehow get it to work via inetd.

TIA,
Jeremy.
(Please CC all responses to me via email - remove the nospam to reply)

1. Getting users to show up 'on console' with xdm logins under Solaris 2.5

I would like a user that logs into one of our workstations from the xdm
authentication widget to show up as on the console in the output from
w and finger, so the following were added to GiveConsole:

        sessreg -a -l console $USER </dev/console >/dev/console 2>&1
        touch /dev/console

The problem is that this does not work consistently.  Has anyone else tried
to do this?  Have you been successful?  What needs to be donw to make this
work?

Thanks,
Dan Ehrlich

--
Dan Ehrlich - Systems Analyst - PSU Computer Science and Engineering
"Universities should be safe havens where ruthless examination of realities

2. how to detect client termination w/ select()

3. FS: Solaris 2.5 Desktop (CDE) and/or Solaris 2.5 Server Packages for x86 desktops

4. /dev/ttyb connection failure

5. Problem with xdm and NIS+ under Solaris 2.5

6. Mailhost Specification?

7. How do I set up xdm under Solaris 2.5?

8. Black Screen of Death

9. Solaris 2.5 ---> Solaris 2.6 -- won't let me upgrade

10. solaris 2.5 with xdm and telnet-login failed

11. Multiple NIC's in Solaris?

12. 2.5: smc9194.c + smc-ircc.c: multiple definition of `smc_init'

13. on 'ar' command on solaris 2.5