Help! with digital portmapper

Post by Jean-Claude Magra » Mon, 28 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Dear Fellow DEC UNIX users,

When I try to mount an foreign hard disk directory on my osf1 3.2
box, it complains about no portmap daemon. I have checked the
DEC UNIX FAQ and found nothing .... suggestions ?

Sincerely,

J.C. Magras

--
Unix Software Engineer looking for C++/UNIX/Motif/Perl/Tk/Flex
Software Engineering position **NOW**. Currently in Austin at

Post by Han Pilmeye » Tue, 29 Apr 1997 04:00:00

JCM> When I try to mount an foreign hard disk directory on my osf1 3.2
JCM> box, it complains about no portmap daemon. I have checked the
JCM> DEC UNIX FAQ and found nothing .... suggestions ?

Did you run the nfssetup utility?

--

-- Digital Equipment B.V., Europalaan 44, 3526 KS Utrecht, The Netherlands   --
--         Answers are the easy part, questions raise the doubt   - JB       --

Post by Travis Cas » Thu, 01 May 1997 04:00:00

: When I try to mount an foreign hard disk directory on my osf1 3.2
: box, it complains about no portmap daemon. I have checked the
: DEC UNIX FAQ and found nothing .... suggestions ?

Well, I'd suggest that you try starting the portmap daemon... on
my 3.2c box, it's /usr/sbin/portmap.  You might also want to check
your startup scripts.  Here, portmap can be started in two places:
/usr/sbin/rc2.d/K35nfs or /usr/sbin/K43nis.

--
Travis Casey

1. Help with Portmapper

When I boot (Linux .99pl5) the OS, I get the following message (my machine
is on the network):

mount clntudp_create : RPC : Port mapper failure - RPC : Unable to send

Does anyone know what is causing it?  It doesn't seem to interfere with
networking.

Anurag Shankar, Research Associate,                   (602)-621-9532 (work)
Steward Observatory, Univ. of Arizona, Tucson, AZ, 85721, USA

2. dns manual

3. Help-portmapper not responding

4. DivX for PPC

5. Help with weird portmapper problem

6. Looking for libdb-3.1.so for Solaris8 (needed by rpm2cpio)

7. help with portmapper message

8. fractals

9. Digital LCD monitor and digital video card

10. Hoontech Digital (YMF754)'s AC3 on SPDIF: amplifier says "Unknown Digital"

11. DIGITAL ONLY CardD from Digital Audio Labs

12. Analog to Digital Boards / Digital Switch Out

13. RadioShack Flatfoto or Ultra-Pocket Digital Camera or Creative CardCam or Logitech Pocket Digital Camera