C9A0 error code on IBM 7137 dasd subsystem

C9A0 error code on IBM 7137 dasd subsystem

Post by cspil.. » Tue, 09 Jan 2001 09:00:37

I have an IBM 7137 disk subsystem running RAID 5 that is connected to
my E30 running AIX 4.3.2.  I have recenlty acquired these boxes as part
of the position I hold (systems engineer).  Below is the error message
that is mailed to the root account:

Wed Dec 27 13:29:19 2000
DriveID = hdisk2
  Your DASD subsystem has detected a condition which
    requires service soon.
  Please call your service representative at your earliest
    convenience.
Provide your service representative with the following information:
Error Code:            C9A0
    Unit Type:              IBM 7137413
    Location:              04-02-00-0,0
    Sense Key, Code, Qual:  01, 5D, 00

I wanted to post first before I call IBM service since it is a per
incident basis for my company to call them.  This is a test server so
if we lose the disks it's not as bad as if it was a production system.

My question is this... does anyone know exactly what the error code
C9A0 is that is given in the above message?  I have searched high and
low for some information on this and can't find any.  Any information
would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Chuck

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Post by cyb.. » Tue, 09 Jan 2001 19:33:28

> I have an IBM 7137 disk subsystem running RAID 5 that is connected to
> my E30 running AIX 4.3.2.  I have recenlty acquired these boxes as
part
> of the position I hold (systems engineer).  Below is the error message
> that is mailed to the root account:

> Wed Dec 27 13:29:19 2000
> DriveID = hdisk2
>   Your DASD subsystem has detected a condition which
>     requires service soon.
>   Please call your service representative at your earliest
>     convenience.
> Provide your service representative with the following information:
> Error Code:            C9A0
>     Unit Type:              IBM 7137413
>     Location:              04-02-00-0,0
>     Sense Key, Code, Qual:  01, 5D, 00

> I wanted to post first before I call IBM service since it is a per
> incident basis for my company to call them.  This is a test server so
> if we lose the disks it's not as bad as if it was a production system.

> My question is this... does anyone know exactly what the error code
> C9A0 is that is given in the above message?  I have searched high and
> low for some information on this and can't find any.  Any information
> would be appreciated.

> Thanks,
> Chuck

> Sent via Deja.com
> http://www.deja.com/

iirc that's a problem with power supply A.

Regards,
Clive

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

1. C9A0 error code on IBM 7137 dasd subsystem

[...]

2. play/skip button

3. Need a Help regarding 7137-414 disk subsystem.

4. Netscape Communicator 4.04 problems....

5. Find Manual for IBM 7137-414

6. RFC: bare pci configuration access functions ?

7. IBM 7137-414 info...?

8. com port numbering, and ECHONL

9. Problem with IBM 7137 RAID Storage drive replacement

10. 7137 Device Drivers for 4.3.3

11. 7137 RAID Drive failure??

12. Adding drives to 7137 RAID

13. Upgrading a 7137 fro model 412 to 414???