I have to move data across IBM, HP, SOLARIS and IRIX systems.
Can anyone suggest what command I should use for backups on
each platform so I can read them universally?
K R S
K R S
How about *sharing* the data with NFS ?Quote:> Hello
> I have to move data across IBM, HP, SOLARIS and IRIX systems.
> Can anyone suggest what command I should use for backups on
> each platform so I can read them universally?
Otherwize, portable archives is what tar is made for, although
'pax' is even better (and included in IRIX).
> K R S
1. Networker Newbie Question - Restoral of full backup tape
2. That sick feeling that something is very wrong
3. Newbie Question: Backup problems w/ Solaris
5. Linux Partition Backup (Newbie question)
6. x86: trouble getting networking running
7. Newbie Tar Backup Questions.
8. Help.. socket programming..
9. Newbie Tape backup question
11. Newbie question: I want to make a backup to another HD
12. Newbie Question: Tape Backup
13. Newbies question: backup solaris OS disk