logging dial up users off automatically

Post by James Ian McGow » Fri, 04 Mar 1994 04:19:32

Could anyone share a method for timing out processes whose owner has
disconnected.  The machine in an HP-9000 9.04, and no, there are no
modem control signals, so CLOCAL and other preferred methods don't seem
to work.  There's an entry in the modem(7) man pages to do with
MTNOACTIVITY which seems to be what I want.  If anyone could help
me find a clue, I (and my users) would be most grateful...
--

1. Newbin - Automatically Log Users Off

Hi! Netters!!

I am just wondering if any one of you have a script (or a program) that
will automatically log users off (say, after logging on for 2 hours).  I
thought about tout, but it is a voluntary process, thus can be defeated
by changing the .login file or simply a kill command.  I am looking for a
program that can be run via a cron job that will zap all users who have
been on after a certain period of time.

Thanks in advance for your help!

--
Nathan Yin

(408) 924-5106

2. Counting Bandwidth Usage Thru Ip Tables

3. Cloned boot drive boots to windows, then automatically logs me off -- Help!

4. gcc2.95.1

5. How to kill user processes and log users off??

6. sndconfig error

7. Kick users off automatically?

8. Linux Scanner FAQ ?

9. I would like to automatically logout a user dialing in on a modem

10. How to automatically log a user out from console

11. Automatically log in a user after a specified time...

12. Log out users automatically?

13. automatically log users out