Sendmail 8.8.1 on solaris 2.5

Post by Miguel Sarmien » Fri, 27 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Hello,

We just got a new sparc 20. We install the OS Solaris 2.5. Got the latest
version of senmmail and compile it. It did, sendmail works we generated a cf
file and things were peachy.

Well we have a sparc 5 running Solris 2.3 (which will be upgraded), it uses a
hash databse to do some mapping of names, we would like to use the 2.5 machine
in this fashion. Well we copied  makemap of the sparc 5, created the hash
database added the corresponding K switch on the cf and guess what, sendmail
says "no class hash available" .

This scheme works on the 2.3 machine (running sendmail 8.6) Am I missing
something here? DO I need to compile makemap on the 2.5 and create the
database that  way (I don't think this is a makemap problem)?

Is there any lib associated with the db that we want missing? Anyone that came
across this problem and found a solution please post or send me and e-mail.

Take care,

Miguel.

1. FS: Solaris 2.5 Desktop (CDE) and/or Solaris 2.5 Server Packages for x86 desktops

 Hi All,

  Just wanted to pass on some excellent deals on Solaris 2.5.1 software with
the WABI user interface for x86 machines. The WABI allows you to run many
Windows 3.1 applications on a UNIX box, giving you the best of both worlds.
Imagine, running MS OFFICE components like, MS Word for Windows, Excel,
Powerpoint, and interfacing with the functionality of UNIX at the same time.

For a limited time, John Cristy, at Executive Tools, Inc.,
is offering:

  Solaris 2.5.1 User Desktop package for $175.00
  Solaris 2.5.1 Application Server package for $395.00

Ref URL http://www.etools.com for full information and additional products.

They also have a student special (99.00 + shipping)(yes, you read that
right, Solaris 2.5.1 user desktop for $99.00).

Mention my name, Bob Fahey, and he will throw in the Java Workshop for
$85.00. Mention my name anyway, as he wants to know what the response is to
this.
If asked where you heard this, tell them not just the web, but the Newsgroup
you read it on.  Thanks.

The Executive Tools web site URL http://www.etools.com also has some
excellent links to other Solaris and Sun information pages.

 Executive Tools is not associated with this posting, so, if you have any

 replies, good or bad!

--
//signed//

URL http://www.3lefties.com/users/faheyb.html
Famous quote by daughter Elizabeth, "If I was them cows, I'd run away!"

2. Using SMC with NIS+ on Solaris 8

3. sendmail in Solaris 2.5 with DNS

4. 2.5.x keyboard oddities

5. Solaris 2.5 sendmail

6. Linux on 8200/8400

7. Solaris 2.5 sendmail doesn't know the domain name

8. Staroffice: Segment. fault

9. Sendmail, virtual domains, solaris 2.5

10. Sendmail 8.6.13 + Solaris 2.5 / Load Average Calculation

11. sendmail setup under solaris 2.5

12. Help: sendmail problem with Solaris 2.5 (not append domainname)

13. sendmail on Solaris 2.5 uses NIS domain instead of hostname