Need Help Setting Up Remote IP Printing from Mainframe

Need Help Setting Up Remote IP Printing from Mainframe

Post by Alex Durret » Thu, 10 Jun 1999 04:00:00

 I want to print to a file on my HP9000 from a remote mainframe
computer using TCP/IP. I may need to convert the file from EBCDIC to
ASCII and rename it at the same time. What is the best way to
accomplish this? Also, if I need to receive several dozen files at
once and do the same to them, is there a better way than setting up a
pseudo printer for each one? Any help would be appreciated. Realtively
new to Unix, so please be explicit with your responses.

Thanks,
AD

1. need help on setting up a remote print queue.

Hi,

Does anyone know how to set up a remote print queue on
a Sun SS1000 running Solaris 2.3 (client DNS only) to print
to a printer which is currently attached to a non-Sun machine?

I tried using the following command

        lpadmin -p localprintername -s remotehostname!remoteprintername

and got the error message

        UX:lpadmin: ERROR: System "remotehostname" does not exist.
                   TO FIX: Use the "lpsystem -l" command to list
                           all known systems.

and the lpsystem -l only shows the following

        System:                     +
        Type:                       s5
        Connection timeout:         never
        Retry failed connections:   after 10 minutes
        Comment:                    Allow all connections

Can anyone help me!

Thanks

/pok

2. faq

3. HELP - remote printing using uucp and TCP/IP

4. sendfax shrunk my fax!

5. How to set up linux to print to a remote print server (SMC Barricade)

6. inn 1.4 on 2.0.30 - nnrp or nntp busted?

7. HELP: Printing on remote printer via TCP/IP

8. Error in BYTE benchmark downloaded from linuxnow

9. Help on Setting Up Remote Printing

10. Mainframe printing to linux print queue

11. Remote Printing Help Needed

12. need help printing to a remote linux printer

13. Need help with remote printing to linux