how 2 hookup machine w/ diff ip address on a different net

how 2 hookup machine w/ diff ip address on a different net

Post by Marek Ponars » Sun, 04 Sep 1994 03:06:46

Hi all,
I dont think that there is a way, but this is the situation:
we have a net of the following mask 255.255.255.128.
now the subnet gateway number is 134.99.200.1  all the machines have
addresses something like this 134.99.200.76 134.99.200.79 etc.  Now I
want to hook up 2 machines that have the following address 134.99.51.5, and
another one 156.23.56.23.  Is this possible?  Do I have to modify anything on
the dns server?  I'm not sure if this is clearly explaind but I tried my
best.  Thanks for all the responses.

1. 2 IP addresses on 1 NIC - Are different net addresses possible??

Following up from the post about assigning 2 IP addresses to 1 Ethernet
port; is it possible for one of these addresses to be on a different network
and can I do routing on it???

I only have one Ethernet card, hme0, and have 2 networks on my Hub (VLAN1 =
10.0.1.0 /24, and VLAN2 = 10.0.10.0 /24).  I want to temporarily (while i'm
waiting for my router to be delivered) use both these networks on one VLAN
and then setup gateways to each network (route add default ....) so that
servers/workstations can talk to each other.  Is this possible?

2. Listing Problem?

3. dhcpd handing out the same IP address to two different machines

4. CD Player posting

5. Multiple IP addresses in different networks on a single machine

6. Where is logresolve?

7. OnDemand ijppp: different phone numbers for different ip addresses

8. Common Linux and HP-UX filesystem

9. followup - IP net address of current machine

10. requiring different users based at different IP addresses?

11. Different Web Page for different client IP address?

12. IP net address of current machine?

13. Binding a single IP Address to two different MAC addresses