keyboard setup?

Post by Ady » Thu, 04 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Hi all,

I've recently purchased a Tadpole sparcbook (3000XT) using Solaris 2.6 and
everything is great - so far.

However there seems to be an error with the keyboard setup;  The first is
the pipe command (|).  The key to the left of the 'z' key in conjunction
with the shift key is supposed to produce the pipe |

However, it only works when I use 'Alt Gr' in conjunction with the key on
the left of the '1' key.  This is very annoying.

Anyone know what I need to do here?  BTW, I selected all the british & UK
keymaps during the initial setup, and I'm in the CSH.

Thanks for any ideas,

rgds,

Ady

PS:  The Backspace key appears to be working incorrectly too, especially
when using TCSH....!

keyboard setup?

Post by Ady » Tue, 09 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Thanks for the ideas.

I've installed XKEYCAPS (a graphical front-end to xmodmap) and re-configured
the two keys that were causing me the hassle.

I'd recommend this software to anyone having problems with keyboard setups -
it's saved me a lot of hassle.

Cheers,

Ady

>You don't have some funky "xmodmap" command in your startup files
>(.profile, .kshrc, .cshrc, .login, .xinitrc, etc.) that would be
>remapping some keys in your X-Windows do you?

>>PS:  The Backspace key appears to be working incorrectly too, especially
>>when using TCSH....!

>Uh, don't be insulted here, but you do know about "stty erase", yes?
>It's going to default to being set to the delete key, but you will
>want to say (in your .profile or .login, etc.)

>stty erase ^h

>if you want to use backspace instead of delete.

1. keyboard setup in doom

Could some one give me the key coded for the following keys (under
linux(for setting up the .doomrc file)):

Keypad END key
Keypad PGDN key
keypad INSERT key

That's it. Thanks, to anyone.

--
___/|
\o.O| - Aak. Thpht.

2. Xmperf question

3. keyboard setup with R5 and G4 400

4. logging on over the serial port (reply by e-mail)

5. keyboard setup

6. Cant Connect to Internet

7. X Keyboard Setup: AltGr+# = (Arg: #)

8. adaptec AVA-2902E/I scsi card

9. Help: X Euro keyboard setup

10. Can't boot linux without keyboard (setup.S problem?)

11. SRM keyboard setup

12. keyboard setup

13. keyboard setup: use of numeric keypad