Using SUDO on Linux

Post by WZI » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 18:38:21

Do you use sudo for bash/tcsh/zsh scripts on Linux? If you do, you
server's security is in danger.
WZIS has the CaclMgr, the latest version (4.1) is much more secure
than sudo.
You can download it from http://wzce.tripod.com/.

Using SUDO on Linux

Post by Jeremiah DeWitt Weine » Thu, 03 Jul 2003 04:00:19

> WZIS has the CaclMgr, the latest version (4.1) is much more secure
> than sudo.
> You can download it from http://wzce.tripod.com/.

        If you're going to post ads in a discussion group, you could
at least have the deceny to mark them as such.  Besides, I'm not sure
how much I'd trust "An UNIX Automation and Security Solution/Service
Provider" who uses Yahoo for their email and Tripod for half their website
and a different ISP for the download section.  And distributes software
in cpio format, of all things.  And whose distribution puts files directly
into /etc, /usr/local, and /var.  And why would I trust someone who tells
me I should use his software instead of sudo because "it's more secure"
but distributes compiled binaries instead of source?

--
If mail to me bounces, try removing the "+STRING" part of the address.

Using SUDO on Linux

Post by Rev. Don Koo » Thu, 03 Jul 2003 13:43:36

> Do you use sudo for bash/tcsh/zsh scripts on Linux?

        Why are you spamming your off-topic garbage to "comp.unix.admin"?
Neither SUDO nor LINTEL has anything to do with the administration of
UNIX systems.

        [...followups directed to "comp.os.linux.admin"...]

                Happy to have cleared things up for you,
                                Don

--
***************************   Q: How many frenchmen does it take
* Rev. Don McDonald, SCNA *      to defend Paris?