Maintaining multiple Unix versions on a single server

Maintaining multiple Unix versions on a single server

Post by Gary Barbe » Thu, 10 Jun 1999 04:00:00

I am looking for information on retaining, multiple versions of an OS on
the same server as an option for retaining release history environments
for a suite of products on one server ( for each OS ).

I can do this with multiple disks and booting off the particular disk I
require but I was wondering if anybody on the list has come accross a
product that does this ,or has implemented a better scenario for such a
task.

OS's involved: Solaris, HPux, AIX, Irix, SCO, Compaq

tx

--
# Gary Barber - Unix Admin - Iona Technologies  Dublin #

1. Load balanced HTTPS servers ... single or multiple server certificates ?

I have multiple servers running httpd, and they have a common inbound
NAT'd address, but of course different internal / private IP addresses.

If I were to serve web documents via https, can I just generate a snigle
certificate request and apply the single certificate that I would
receive ( say from Verisign ) to multiple hosts ?

Or assuming I made individual certificate requests from each host, and
received 2 certificates ... and then one of the hosts were replaced by a
new machine ... can I "copy" the server certificate from the the machine
that went down to the new replacement ?

2. rc.local problem

3. pls help: single sign on multiple Apache servers ?

4. How to DOS/SCO/OS2 Boot?

5. Multiple Servers on Single RAID?

6. Linux for Imaging

7. Multiple X Servers on Single Host?

8. rewiring linux box

9. Multiple sites on a single server

10. Multiple default web pages on a single server ????

11. multiple servers single log file

12. 100-200 or more users hitting a SINGLE SCO SERVER from multiple sites

13. Multiple Servers - Single Drive Array & File System - Question